miércoles, 11 de marzo de 2009

If Dante had Virgil, I had Chesterton (Pearce said)!

Joseph Pearce is visiting Spain nowadays. Yesterday he had to deliver two lectures about “literary converts” and Chesterton at the University of San Pablo CEU from Madrid. For many reasons, I was really interested in attending to these events. I even had my “quest for Shakespeare” ready to be signed by the author with a special dedication. Unfortunetely, Mr. Pearce losed his flight, so the expected lectures were to be put back for today. However, I have not been told about the actual hours of the foreseen speechs. Nedlessly I waited for an early confirmation this morning. One of the lectures was cancelled, and I was informed about the second when it had finished, so there was no need to hurry up anymore. Tomorrow, God willing Mr. Pearce is in Pamplona. I am staying in Madrid. Hopefully, I will meet him another day. Force majeure, as the learned English lawyers tend to say!

In my grief, I have been comforting myself finding a Pearce’s
autobiographical writing about “his” own conversion to popery. It is worth reading. And just before a while, I have came to this podcast.

No hay comentarios: